Think on Good Things!
It is very easy for Christians to become discouraged today. The world is full of negative images, the news seems all too gloomy, and immorality seems to abound to the point of Noah’s generation (cf. Gen. 6:5). Let’s all wake up from our slumber and get our minds out of the darkness! There are many wonderful things taking place in our world. God is working, even at this hour, in the lives of his people! I would encourage all of us leave the negative messages of the world and “think on good things.” The inspired apostle wrote to us, “Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things” (Philippians 4:8). Would you like to “make a switch” from watching and reading negative worldly material and subscribe to good spiritual reading? Here are some suggestions for you to check out:
1. Watch the Gospel Broadcasting Network (you will need a broadband connection)
2. Subscribe to Think Magazine
3. Subscribe to The Spiritual Sword
4. Subscribe to The Gospel Advocate Magazine
5. Subscribe to Christian Woman Magazine
6. Read the on-line magazine The Christian Courier
© 2006, Jonathan Jones II. All rights reserved.